Cumbria.pm anyone?

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Sep 13 18:52:47 BST 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, David Cantrell wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 03:44:59PM -0700, John Costello wrote:
> > A splash of Islay wouldn't hurt, though it seems a shame to waste Islay.
> > Dark rum is another option.
>
> Or some of the cheap and nasty Calvados I bought by mistake.  Adds a
> nice bite to the bacon - which I normally grill, not fry - which is
> handy cos I've run out of tabasco.

Ah, there are lots of uses for Calvados.  At the least, you could cook
sausages in it.  We cook sausages in beer fairly often.  You brown them on
a couple of sides, pour in the beer (we vary the beer type, depending on
sausage), lower the heat and cover until they are cooked through.  Which
varies--the stove at our new place is "cold" and seems to either
incincerate or lightly warm.

> > You could use beer, and turn the remainder of the bottle into beer bread,
>
> Or drink it.  Surely one bottle of beer is allowed on a school night?

Sure, but on a school morning?

> Last night, to celebrate the end of a quite hideous cold (mmm, sneezing
> green goo) I treated myself to home-made chocolate ice cream, a hefty
> slug of Blantons Gold bourbon, and a cigar.  Ver tasty.

That sounds wonderful.  I'm just coming down with a cold, and will look
forward to the end.  I still have homemade huckleberry ice cream in the
freezer.

John