What a shame... [Wasn't:What shame?]

Paul pawciobiel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 24 20:48:00 BST 2006

Hi,

Pedro Figueiredo wrote:

 > On 23 Oct 2006, at 22:32, ben at bpfh.net wrote:

 >>> i believe they just did. 94% of the real world (tm) runs windows.

Almost 100 units in my university is on Suse, hope that they would do it
again if it won't work.

 > i don't argue with that, i argue against the belief that the real world
 > (tm) is composed of hackers running unix.

hmm... there is nothing to argue, everybody already know that this is
not true.

 > furthermore, from a business point of view, windows media is the
 > cheapest to serve (quality/bandwidth),

Is it? I don't know much about it so hope you don't mind me asking,
video.google and youtube is based the same technology?

 > so i'm happy they're not
 > squandering my license money on crack-fueled hippy-approved half-baked
 > solutions.

o! I always thought that M$ is serving that type of solutions.
Must of being wrong then.

 > especially when everyone can view windows media.

You haven't missed the point, have you?

BTW: You don't benefits from this whole BBC - M$ thing, do you?

Paul

--
FreeBSD The Power to Serve