Javaspaces and perl

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 13:39:35 GMT 2006

On 07/11/06, alex at owal.co.uk <alex at owal.co.uk> wrote:
> I suppose I could just create java code which wrote its data to a file and
> ran a perl program with that file as an input parameter. Despite it being
> loosely coupled I am not sure I like that idea...

You could always create a bridge node that uses Java::Inline to bridge them.

..or you could build a perl library using GCJ::CNI and SWIG/XS :

http://search.cpan.org/~rusekd/GCJ-Cni-0.03/lib/GCJ/Examples.pod

Now what would be really cool would be EverythingYouNeedforRMI
compiled into a C++ library using that module and then with a nice
Perl::RMI::Java module to provide a nice API.

...is there some incredible problem involved in that, beyond the
compiling,  like needing all of Java 99.x Super Enterprise Edition, or
the fact that each vendor ships incompatible RMI or you would have to
compile it for every bean or service?

I'm not hot on Java VM and compilation so I wouldn't know - but it
looks like one of my clients may need to talk to a system that only
provides Java RMI and I would much prefer to be able to call it
elegantly from perl that use some awful combination of bridges and
middleware - even using INLINE::Java is horrid.

Cheers,

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk