Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at
Mon Nov 20 13:19:52 GMT 2006

--- David Dorward <david at> wrote:
> > What's the motivation?
> VBA has a fair bit of power ...

It's more powerful than folks realize, I think.  I forgot to mention
that I once used VBA to build a mainframe test region (I'm possibly the
only guy on the planet to have been so stupid).  It was lots of screen
scraping of a terminal emulator, but I got a month's worth of work done
in just a few hours.  Surprised the hell out of my coworkers and they
started looking into VBA as a result (I should kill myself for that --
but VBA is a damned sight better than the COBOL we were programming

Buy the book --
Perl and CGI --