Combination of skills - was [JOB] Perl & VB person, central London

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Nov 21 15:17:11 GMT 2006

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 03:04:37PM +0000, Paul Makepeace wrote:

> It's perhaps a shame this prejudice has kept you from learning about
> one of the most powerful apps every written, Excel...
>
> Just because Microsoft wrote it doesn't mean it sucks.

Ah, well that's the thing, see.  They didn't.

At least, the Microsoft that people love to hate didn't.  It was written
by their pretty-much independent Mac group.

And I can't think of anything I can (and want to) do in Excel that I
can't do with some simple Postscript.  Which gives me an excuse to hack
on perl/Postscript insanity.

And yes, it sucks.  65536 rows is enough for anybody.  Also see RISKS
etc passim.

--
David Cantrell | Plucky Speeding Law Madness Protestor

THIS IS THE LANGUAGE POLICE
PUT DOWN YOUR THESAURUS
STEP AWAY FROM THE CLICHE