Converting Getopt::Long into POD

Chisel Wright chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 11:17:05 GMT 2007

On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 10:47:00AM +0000, Andrew Black wrote:
> I dont mind having to cut an paste into the POD section of my PM, but
> trying to keep a POD and option in sync is a pain.
>
> I realise there are going to be various other Getopt::xxx methods, but
> follwing Aaron's talk at YAPC I am sticking with Getopt::Long, unless a
> very convincing argument persuades me otherwise.

I've not tried it myself, but PBP covers this, and suggests
Getopt::Clade as one way of keeping document/command-line options in
sync - as far as I can tell you document the options in the POD and it
automagigally does the CLI parsing.

I've never tried it myself ....

--
Chisel Wright
e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/

  I wrote a todo list; Now I can procrastinate more efficiently!