Free teach-in

Dean Wilson dwilson at unixdaemon.net
Tue Mar 6 12:08:17 GMT 2007

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 03:39:10AM -0800, Ovid wrote:
> So Dave, what would you need to carry this off?

> * How much time for planning?
> * How many days for teaching? (can this be done in one or two days)?
> * What will students need? (Do we need terminals or can they bring
>  laptops?)
> * Preferred location for this?  (Does it need to be close to central?)
> * Other thoughts?

These'll influence your possible venues:

How many people will you allow to attend? (bigger will get more publicity
but the teaching is harder)
Week day or weekend?
Duration of course?
Evening or day time?
Will you be providing any on site refreshments or head to a local pub for
food and drink at lunch?
Will there be any money involved at all?
What are the candidate selection criteria?

Once you've worked those out the correct venues to chase should become
clearer. I'd also mention the UKUUG at this point, they've get the contacts
and the experience to help with this but you'll have to tick the right
boxes from above.

  Dean
PS On the topic of organising - I'll be putting a London PM tech meet
together over the next month or two. I'm looking for speakers -
especially lightning talks. If I've not contacted you yet and you want to
speak drop me a note.
PPS Barbie - I've got an email with your name on it :)
--
Dean Wilson		http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand