Professional DNS services

the hatter london.pm at bang.meep.org
Tue Apr 10 09:49:49 BST 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Simon Wilcox wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Apr 2007, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
>

> > On 9 Apr 2007, at 19:13, Matt Sergeant wrote:
> > >
> > > UltraDNS are pretty bulletproof.
> > >
> > > http://www.neustarultraservices.biz/
> >
> > Yep, Leo already pointed me at this, thanks :)
>
> I took a cold call from them last week & they made some patently absurd
> claims about rival products and some entirely unprovable claims about the
> performance of their own products.
>
> I dismissed them instantly as shysters. Hopefully their engineering is
> better than their sales teams.

I suspect this would be some pitch for end-user product; within the circle
of companies that really value distributed/available DNS they're the only
player with the sort of setup they have.  But like most companies in that
position, there's only a limited number of big fish to catch, and there's
money to be made attracting the small fry with their big
system/claims/price when something much simpler will likely work as well
for them 99.999999% of the time.

the hatter