Professional DNS services

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Tue Apr 10 09:57:16 BST 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Bob Browning wrote:

> I believe a shyster is a crooked lawyer.  I don't think there is an
> equivalent for a technology salesman.  E-quack ?
>
> They used to be UltraDNS and the claims they make about their own products
> may be true.  For the prices they charge they should be.
>
> Did he mention the price?  Send out for the oxygen first.

No. When he claimed that Bind always drops 4% of requests and that they
could prove they answer 100% of requests my brain shut down and was no
longer interested.

He seemed to have no grasp of how their product actually worked and why it
might be superior to a single Bind server and just attempted to scare me
into needing their service out of fear.

So I got rid of him as politely as possible.

Simon.

--
"We have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your
 own problem"