[OT] Hotel suggestions for downtown London

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Apr 26 15:00:43 BST 2007

On Thu, Apr 26, 2007 at 08:05:13AM -0500, Steve Peters wrote:

> So, does anyone have any hotel suggestions for affordable places downtown?
> Near a tube station certainly is preferable, but otherwise we're not to
> picky considering the beating we're expecting in exchange rates.

Gosh. It isn't actually a FAQ yet:

The usual answer given isn't actually "downtown" (not that such a term
strictly exists in London) is the Black Lion Guest house:

although I believe that there's at least one relatively reasonable hotel
someone else has actually stayed in and tends to recommend.

I also noted that on IRC Rafael recommended bookings.com. At first, I assumed
that he was trying to recruit you. :-)

Nicholas Clark