Perl Books (for ladies)

Richard Foley Richard.Foley at
Thu May 3 16:45:34 BST 2007

On Thursday 03 May 2007 16:55, Simon Wilcox wrote:
> Some companies have working practices that don't suit teleworking either.
> A lot of the agile methods only really work when your team is all in the
> same place.
Yep, that's what a work colleague (A) said to me recently, too - just before
announcing in a meeting that a critical database change was about to be
implemented, which would involve me in major rewriting of code I had just
completed, which change was foreseen 6 months earlier by the person (B)
sitting directly opposite him (A), across the 2 metre wide physical desk,
which person (B) had also been to the regular weekly meetings in the same
office as the database designer (A) himself.

No-one could explain how this mis-communication, this minor job-creation
scheme, had happened - although I suspect it was because they were working
too closely with one another...

Richard Foley
Ciao - shorter than aufwiedersehen