Bonkers

Adrian Howard adrianh at quietstars.com
Fri May 4 14:35:45 BST 2007

On 4 May 2007, at 13:43, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> Nicholas Clark wrote:
>
>> There must be some intersection between those companies seeking to
>> recruit,
>> and some people on this list. Yet no-one at any of these companies
>> says:
>>   "Yes, I know no job is perfect, and this one does have its
>> warts. But on
>>    average it's fun, and you should at least interview here"
>> Why not? Is everyone at these dozen firms all sufficiently
>> dissatisfied that
>> they too want to move on?
>
> I could never be accused of lurking however, I believe that there
> is a very simple explanation:-
>
> Not enough money is being offered.
[snip]

See my blunt comments of a couple of years ago <http://use.perl.org/
~Adrian/journal/26484> :-)

I got the intensely annoying "Yes - the pay's not very good, and the
job's not very interesting - but you'll be living in London you lucky
provincial you" several times since. It's very annoying.

Adrian