Bonkers

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Fri May 4 14:55:21 BST 2007

On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 15:39 +0200, Richard Foley wrote:
> Speaking for myself, I have managed to find good roles directly, but the vast
> majority have come through an agency, and I don't mind paying the premium, if
> they do all the job hunting, networking and contact building, on my behalf.
> I guess I'm just lazy, but it's less hassle, they do it better than I
> do anyway [...]

I think you might be using different agencies to the rest of us  ;)

Particularly, they're a lot less useful if you're on the hiring side of
things...  the last few companies I've worked at have all refused to use
agencies on the grounds that they don't actually appear to check the
candidates for suitability in any significant way any more.

Plus of course, you don't pay the premium (unless your employers have
paid you less to cover the agency fee?) - the employer does, and it's
quite a large one.

Regards,
Denny