Bonkers

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Fri May 4 14:59:21 BST 2007

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Why are the recruiters even involved here?

Because they can reach the perl programmers that are not in the
Community and therefore are unlikely to have heard about jobs.perl.org.

Hell, they can even reach people who *are* in the community yet still
don't see the job ads on jobs.perl.org - or maybe they're just better at
selling the opportunity than I was at writing a job ad. Hmmm.

Anyway, we will also be throwing our hat into the ring shortly, it looks
like we're going to need a CMS developer but I already know that the
intersection of perl Community and perl developers who enjoy building web
applications is tiny. I will post the vacancy on jobs.perl.org when the
time comes [1] but I fully expect to have to fork out a load of cash to
the pimp that can find me the person I need from elsewhere.

Simon.
[1] Agents - the time is NOT now. Do not contact me about this vacancy !

--
"By removing all barriers to communication between different races and
 cultures, the babel fish caused more and bloodier wars than anything