Bonkers

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon May 7 11:38:00 BST 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 11:14:31AM +0100, Smylers wrote:
> Nicholas Clark writes:
> > On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 06:12:48AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:
> > > Been bitten by that before.  I'll turn down free hosting as
> > What's the catch? "Oh, you have broadband. You can fix this from home?"
> > and you're now considered to be on call?

Yes.  Forty quid a month isn't enough for being on call.

> Possibly having something you regularly use in your personal life
> provided by your employer can tie you in, and make it awkward to quit,
> or at least hard to do so without a break in service?

Yes.  Or if after you do quit you find that the bill has actually been
in your name all along and the company didn't pay for the past N
months (due to an administrative oversight of course) and BT want their
600 quid RIGHT NOW - that was very annoying.

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
  -- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing at
     http://www.arabnews.com/?article=38558