Books (was RE: Downtown and Midtown Re: [OT] Hotel suggestions for downtownLondon)

IvorW combobulus at xemaps.com
Wed May 9 10:39:16 BST 2007

I disagree. Why cling on to the physical deadtreeware manifestations of others' experiences and stories?

While I have the physical room, I am storing books that I want to get rid of, and in many cases, can't sell. I can understand others selling off or ditching their books because they have to move house, or don't have the space.

Don't get me wrong, I love books! I have a large TBR (to be read) shelf, and I have over 300 books I want to get rid of, see http://bookmooch.com/inventory/ivorw

Many of these are a legacy of a contract at Penguin in the early 1990s, where they offered pulp copy remainders to staff, to a maximum of 2 per day! Since joining BookMooch, I've shifted my attitude, adding many books that I'm never going to read. Then adding books that I want to pass on to others to read.

I'm in the position where I can obtain any book that I want, including those I have already read. So, I don't need to cling on to the books I have read once.

Ivor.