Is it just me?

Matt Wilson codebrewery at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 09:50:42 BST 2007

On 7/4/07, Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
> Client: "I know it's not due until next week but can we show the client
> something today"
> Me: "Sure, all I really have to do is work out some wrinkles that are
> specific to Safari"
> Client: "In that case you're done - we're not paid to support mickey
> mouse alternative browsers"

Here here! I have the "if it works in IE then that's fine" attitude.
I'm sure the Web would be a much nicer place if it were replaced with
"if it's standards compliant and works in [standard compliant browser
of choice[0]] then that's fine".

Matt

[0] not that most people seem to agree on what "standard compliant"
is, considering their sometimes contradictory nature.