[OT] E-mail provider recommendations

Pedro Figueiredo me at pedrofigueiredo.org
Mon Jul 23 09:35:59 BST 2007

On 22/07/07, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

> You have to jump through major hoops to make it scale in any
> meaningful sense: make
> sure your filesystem is laid out properly,make sure you're using the
> right one of
> the myriad mailbox formats, shoot stupid sales people flinging
> massive .ppt files
> around. It's just pain.

netapp / maildir++ / quotas. pain is your customers pop'ing their
gigabyte mailboxes every 5 minutes because that's the fucking default
on whatever comes with windows these days.

> I'm sure for a controlled, one-person setup it's fine.

i beg to disagree, on several orders of magnitude. read fastmail.fm's faq.

cheers,

pedro
--
http://pedrofigueiredo.org/
bgp is for those who can't keep it static long enough