Hack - show we use a different term?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 11:22:03 BST 2007

On 22/07/07, Jefferson Kirkland <numberwhun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally, knowing the difference, I do use the word cracker should that
> type of topic come up in conversation.  Yes, I people have attempted to
> correct me, but I tell them the definition and then quickly follow it with a
> "Ok, I am not going to get into a semantic argument, so here is a
> dictionary!".  Its useless basically, but when in the moment its hard not to
> speak what you know the truth to be.

I use Hacker in both ways - it should be obvious from the context - if
people are too stupid to follow what you're talking then it's not
worth worrying about semantics.

Personally I'm far more concerned about how the media and much of the
public seem to think 'asylum seeker' means illegal immigrant, rather
than somebody who has had to leave their home, friends, job,
possesions and community through intimidation, violence or despotic
government.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk