NTLM/Apache/Perl Authentication

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Jul 26 17:22:40 BST 2007

Jason Tang wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm in need of some help - mental help soon if I'm unlucky. I've been given
> the lovely task of prepopulating a text box with the username. I looked
> around and came across Apache::AuthenNTLM which seems to vaguely do what
> I'm after in terms of getting logon credentials from the browser.

I know that I did just that task myself, sometime in early to mid 2003;
I think you're heading down the right track, but I can't remember any
specifics! Sorry about that - I don't have any of the code around any
more either. It was a one-off for a contract with a borough council.

I think you need to make sure the machine running Apache is part of the
NT domain, and there were some key exchange things going on as part of that.

tjc.