Tube Strike (Was: [ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Social at Dirty Dicks, Thursday 6th September)

Dave Cross dave at
Mon Sep 3 15:52:52 BST 2007

Quoting alex at

> Dave Cross said
>> I'm reminded of the indicators in the tube station tickets halls which
>> tell you about any problems on the various lines. They say "good
>> service" when they actaully mean "the expected level of service".
>> I have a friend who works for TfL and she assures me that this is
>> deliberate.
> They used to say "Normal Service" and then suddenly they changed to "Good
> Service". So yes - it was deliberate.

Oh yes, and that reminds me. She also mentioned that changing "normal
service" to "good service" lead to a drop in the level of complaints
about service levels.

Neuro-Linguistic Programming in action :)