[ANNOUNCE] [SOCIAL] Thursday November 8th - Dirty Dicks, Liverpool Street

Simon Wistow simon at thegestalt.org
Thu Oct 25 19:10:44 BST 2007

I'm on one of my periodic jaunts brining succour and comfort to the less
fortunate individuals in the colonies and had completly forgotten about
the imminency of the next social.

In my defence, here in Cillykon Vallaiz the natives use a primitive form
of time management separated into units of Twitters and Meetings - with
approximately 4 Twitters per meeting although it appears to be
variable and subject to whim.

So thanks to ex pub-minion Kake for stepping upa nd attempting to find a
pub that will take us at short notice. We're heading back to Dirty Dicks

  http://london.pm.org/meetings/locations/dirty_dicks.html
  http://www.dirtydicks.co.uk/
  http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Dirty_Dick's,_EC2M_4NR
  http://streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=533359&y=181631

which is right opposite Liverpool Street station  and we'll be down in
the cellar bar (with a guarantee of no mixups from the manager this
time).

Last time we were there we dicovered that mixing half a pint of the Bana
Beer with half a pint of the Double Chocolate resulted in an awesome
mixture that was a delicious as it was deadly.

Social meets are a chance for the various members of the group to meet
up face to face and chat with each other about things - both Perl and
non Perl - and newcomers are more than welcome The monthly meets tend to
be bigger than the other ad hoc meetings that take place at other times
and we make sure that they're in easy to get to locations and the pub
serves food (meaning that people can eat in the bar if they want to.)
They normally start around 6.30pm (or whenever people get there after
work) and a group tends to be left come closing time.

If you're a new comer or other first timer (even if you've been lurking
on the mailing list or on IRC) then please seek me out - we have a
tradition that the leader of this motley crew buys the new people a
drink (alcoholic or not, either's fine) and introduce them to people.

Simon

Location

  Opposite Liverpool Street station.

By Tube

  Liverpool Street Tube couldn't be much closer.

  If you're feeling perverse then Aldgate, Mansion House, Moorgate and
  Shoreditch are all within walking distance.

By Bus

  Oh, so many buses - check them out from the TFL map

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/liverpoolstreet-2161.pdf