Recommended magazines

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Oct 30 12:07:59 GMT 2007

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 10:50:38AM +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> Dr Dobbs used to be a fun read, I lost interest about 3 years ago when
> every issue was either entirely Java (and hence binned due to being
> entirely obselete within 12 months with the next release)

Stupid boy.

Just because an article gives its example code in Java doesn't mean that
the article isn't worth reading.  I've picked up good ideas from C,
Python, Java and even Visual BASIC.  DDJ generally had one article a
month worth reading, and that alone made it worthwhile getting an
employer to pay for it.

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

    Seven o'clock in the morning is something that
    happens to those less fortunate than me