Better Perl

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Apr 7 18:18:37 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 12:02:48PM -0500, Jonathan Rockway wrote:
> * On Mon, Apr 07 2008, Richard Clamp wrote:
> >
> > I'll also take this chance to once again also point out that there's a
> > difference between an author checking the comprehensiveness of their pod,
> > and an author making a show of it in order to score well in a box-ticking
> > contest.
>
> Are you demeaning people who write code for you for free?  If so, I

I'm not Richard, but I read his statement as:

  As the author of Pod::Coverage, which is used as one way to score a tick
  in CPANTS, I'd like to repeat that there a world of difference between what
  you need to do to fool the tool into give you a ticked box, and what you
  need to actually do to be useful to a human.

  So don't read *too* much into CPANTS.

Richard does rather a good job of writing code for other people for free.

Nicholas Clark