Coffee Filter Machines

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 11:51:07 BST 2008

2008/6/6 Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk>:
> I have a RAID1 array of cafetiereres and the coffee from them is just fine
> *provided you clean them regularly with very hot soapy water*. Most people
> just give them a quick rinse under the tap and that doesn't get the stale
> oil off. You will also need to dismantle the mechanism that holds the wire
> mesh and give that a good wash too.

Our kitchen now has at least 3 "normal" french presses, 1 italian
stove espresso pot that we bought on holiday in rome (and is a pig to
clean), the De Longhi espresso machine (which is apparently
unreliable, our inlaws thought ours was great so bought one too, only
for it to go bang very impressively and scare the life out of my
mother in law) and my current mainstay : the SmartCafe cafatierre mug.

The smart cafe mugs are a great idea - very easy to wash up, only 1
(simple plastic) filter and one insulated mug.

A,

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk