adsl experiences request

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Jun 27 20:17:58 BST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 05:19:45PM +0100, Jody Belka wrote:

> I've found a couple of places that don't look too bad. The first is Be,
> and the second is Nildram. However, as most people on here are probably aware,
> Nildram is owned by Tiscali now, so I'm a bit wary. So I thought I'd ask for
> opinions from anyone with any actual recent experience with either service.

I use Nildram, have done ever since ADSL was launched in this country.
It works.  BUT I wouldn't recommend them.  I'm half-convinced that mine
works because it was set up a long time ago by competent people and
no-one has fucked with it since.  There's no way that I would trust
Pipex's half-trained monkeys (or whoever it is that owns the Nildram
brand these days) to get anything important right.

If I were shopping for a home interwebnet connection, I think I'd go to
bogons.net.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
 (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
 endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary"  -- H. L. Mencken