Getting my TODO list down

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at
Thu Sep 4 10:58:50 BST 2008

On 4 Sep 2008, at 09:29, James Laver wrote:
> We need more people in the community and making Perl work better with
> shared hosting is one way to do that - it puts us on a level playing
> field with PHP.

The wrong answer. Reverse proxy on the front then individual mod_perl
enabled servers on the back with a very limited MaxClients on each.

*never* have an internet-facing app server. and that includes PHP as
well as Java and Cold Fusion.

You should have been at my talk at the LPW a couple of years ago :)

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at
Site:                   UK: +44 7768 49020
Blog:                    NL: +31 654 982906