Perl's lack of 'in' keyword

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Tue Oct 7 18:45:18 BST 2008

On 7 Oct 2008, at 18:28, Iain Barnett wrote:
>> And (meta) who cares about people who think that Perl reads like
>> line noise. Should the language bend to the preferences of those
>> who dislike it?
>
> With that attitude it's a wonder why anyone picks languages other
> than perl.

It wasn't meant to be unfriendly although I can see that it could be
read that way. It does seem to me that someone saying "I don't like
Perl - it reads like line noise" is /not/ a reason to change the
language so it less resembles line noise to that person. Presumably
people who like Perl also like - or at least are accustomed to - how
it looks.

--
Andy Armstrong, Hexten