Have at it

Piers Cawley pdcawley-london.0dd185 at bofh.org.uk
Tue Jan 27 12:12:04 GMT 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 5:26 PM, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/1/26 Denny <london.pm at metamathics.org>:
>> Personally, I assumed he was referring to the strong 'use Moose' push
>> which EPO seems to be on - would it be safe to say that Moose is a
>> modern approach to OO?  I've not used it personally, and am looking
>> forward to the tech meet around the subject.
>
> I think MOP (meta object protocol) is a modern approach to OO, it's
> found in Perl 6, Badger, Mouse (and mouse? ferret ? I lose track..)

MOP is modern? The Art of The MetaObject Protocol was published in
1991. This is obviously some new usage of the word 'modern' with which
I was hitherto unfamiliar.

It's modern in perl terms, obviously, but it's not exactly new. It's
just been ignored by almost everyone who wasn't a lisp hacker for
years.