Weekend entertainment

David Golden xdaveg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 15:47:30 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 6:51 AM, David Landgren <david at landgren.net> wrote:
> I wanted to share this... Some people have no sense of humour. This came up
> on the contact at perl.org queue.
>
> (I shall compose a message saying Acme is fun, etc. etc. Can anyone point me
> to other similar Acme modules to put this in context?)

I think the module is offensive -- which is not inconsistent with it
trying to be funny  Funny and offensive is sometimes a fine line.  I'm
not saying it needs to be yanked -- I don't support censoring "bad
thoughts".  I would rather see the author withdraw it voluntarily.
Even in Acme, I'd rather see the Perl community trying to be inclusive
and not make jokes at anyone's expense.

People do remember Alias' ill-considered Acme::Playmate talk, right?
(And his very responsible apology afterwards, too)
http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Acme::Playmate_talk

-- David