Domain acquisition

Jurgen Pletinckx jurgen.pletinckx at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 12:09:55 GMT 2009

Dear lazyweb,

If I want to acquire some domain names for, say, a friend of mine, I would
obviously find out who the current tenants are, and proceed to send them a
quick note to open conversation. To which they have yet to respond.
Hypothetically, of course.

As the tenants do not appear to be using the domains themselves, one is
inclined to think they're squatting, and shouldn't be averse to selling the
properties.

But what is the etiquette in these situations? I'd rather not reveal to them
to what extent my friend is interested in the domains. To hide that I have
to go through aliases or proxies. Which feels just a bit sordid, somehow...

--
Jurgen Pletinckx
Asking the wrong questions for over 4 decades