Broadband (probably again...)

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Mon Apr 5 17:02:37 BST 2010

Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> On 02/04/2010 12:05, Matthew Seaman wrote:
>> A&A are penguin and daemon friendly, give you a static IPv4 allocation
>> (and as many IPv6 addresses as you can eat), are happy for you to run
>> your own servers from a residential broadband line, plus their support
>> are generally clueful.  I've been a happy customer for years.
>
> If you want clueful and free-software-friendly, there's UKFSN:
> http://www.ukfsn.org/home/internet/adsl/

...hmmmmm, cannot say I was greatly impressed with them a few years
back.

Goscomb[1], not the cheapest (plus there is a cap, which the OP was not
interested in), but you get IPv6 and multicast, and no sign of any
traffic shapers that aggressively[2] seem to be at play on PlusNet links
all day and on *everything* :-/

Cheers

[1] http://www.goscomb.net/
[2] TCP traceroutes are *very* telling, 2.5(!) seconds of added latency
	on anything that they do not recognise :-/

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: You are standing on my toes.