Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Thu Jan 6 19:39:32 GMT 2011

On 06/01/11 19:17, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On 6 January 2011 20:04, Simon Wistow<simon at thegestalt.org>  wrote:
>> Before I write my own (or repurpose one of the hundred previosu ones
>> I've written) does anyone have any recommendations?
>
> http://perldancer.org/

I've been using Dancer to stitch together a fairly simple web front end
to a heavier backend app, and also for an intranet reporting app. The
docs are a bit sparse, but improving all the time and they did an advent
calendar that gives you a good overview:

http://advent.perldancer.org/2010

I've had no trouble understanding the code when trying to figure out how
things work.

The routing is simple enough, and it's easy to set up sessions, json
Dancer::Test module too.

The current 1.2 release is supposedly going to be kept stable through
its lifetime. It hooks into plack simply enough and the "starman" server
is supposed to provide good performance (it's certainly more than good
enough for me). The plack debug plugin is handy, and there are some
dancer-specific extensions for it.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Starman/
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Plack-Middleware-Debug/
http://search.cpan.org/search?query=plack+debug+dancer&mode=all