Reinstalling all modules on another perl

David Precious davidp at
Thu Apr 28 11:49:19 BST 2011

On Thursday 28 April 2011 08:02:08 Mark Fowler wrote:
> This will require me to reinstall all my modules. Now, I could do this
> by writing some code to parse perllocal.pod and then using cpanm, but
> I'm feeling lazy this morning (I haven't had tea yet, and hey, it's a
> virtue) so I wondered if anyone else on the list already had some
> magic invocation that works's autobundle feature will be your friend here.

perl -MCPAN -e autobundle

... you'll end up with a bundle file written containing all installed modules,
for instance:

Wrote bundle file

You can then install that bundle on the other box, and job done.

Dave P

David Precious  ("bigpresh")

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)