Part-time Perl Developer Position based Reading, UK

Dermot paikkos at gmail.com
Thu May 26 23:49:37 BST 2011

 I left a recent> job because it was  upon  I attend at least one 30 minute
stand up
> meeting every day of the week, plus other meetings.  There's more, but I
won't
> bore you.

I think an employer has every right to expect you to turn up at meetings and
participate in the company that pays you. By the same token I guess you are
entitled to think that's not for you and move on but I wouldn't consider the
employer the more reasonable of the two.

As for engaging in banter that isn't necessarily in your orbit (if you orbit
the coffee machine), would that mean you only socialize with other perl
mongers? Your world would become tiny if you 'work' from home and only
engage with folk that have similar interests and match your abilities. You'd
probably spend a lot of time in front of the mirror.