Part-time Perl Developer Position based Reading, UK

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Fri May 27 07:42:01 BST 2011

The deal when I started the job in question was that the work would be 60/40
split onsite/offsite, which was fine until the deal was unilaterally
"renogotiated" from the top.  Any employer/owner/master has "the right" to
expect whatever they like on the basis that "might is right", and money equals
power, however this does not make it reasonable to arrange a deal on one basis
and change it unexpectedly and for no good reason in mid-flight.  Perhaps
doing so follows the "natural law" of the dog eat dog world in which we live
but it still doesn't make it "right".  Accusing me of  "you only socialize
with other perl mongers" is a fairly hefty charge when you don't know me, or
my environment, whether it be tiny or not, and clearly nothing of my
relationship (if any) with the perl social calender.  Perhaps you should take
a turn looking in the mirror before bandying about spurious allegations about
who should have the greater power of control over the quality of other
people's 'work'-ing lives and commenting on circumstances you clearly know
diddly-squat about.

Ciao

Richard
--