Send a newbie

Edmund von der Burg evdb at ecclestoad.co.uk
Thu Nov 29 10:27:22 GMT 2012

On 28 November 2012 18:04, Mark Keating <m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for the notice guys. Dave please tell the developer that we will be
> running this once again, the call will go out in January for applications
> and yes they will need a visa and we can offer advice but they have to get
> that. The best we can do is present a letter explaining the initiative and
> the fact that it isn't a fake offer of work. That seemed to work for Umer
> who was a Pakistan national last year.

It is worth remarking that dealing with the visa hassles was, for me
at least, by far the most time consuming part of the whole process. It
is also frustrating, tedious and unrewarding - all you get at the end
is permission from some faceless body to do something you should have
been allowed to do at the very beginning.

Brave Mark and all others who go through that pain to help the newbies!

Cheers,
  Edmund.