Recommended IDE...?

Mike Stok mike at stok.ca
Sat Jan 18 13:08:17 GMT 2014

On Jan 18, 2014, at 6:50 AM, Abigail <abigail at abigail.be> wrote:

> I don't know what professionalisme is, but I doubt it's criticizing
> someone who doesn't complain about being forced to use a "crappy windows
> environment", but rather states how he deals with it.
>
> I also don't think it's proffessional if you start your sentences with
> a lowercase letter, and format your paragraphs using both very short and
> overly long lines.

>From one of my favourite books :-)

“The term unprofessional is often used to characterize surprising and threatening behavior. Anything that upsets the weak manager is almost by definition unprofessional. So popcorn is unprofessional. Long hair is unprofessional if it grows out of a male head, but perfectly okay if it grows out of a female head. Posters of any kind are unprofessional. Comfortable shoes are unprofessional. Dancing around your desk when something good happens is unprofessional. Giggling and laughing is unprofessional. (It’s all right to smile, but not too often.)

Conversely, professional means unsurprising. You will be considered professional to the extent you look, act, and think like everyone else, a perfect drone.

Of course, this perverted sense of professionalism is pathological. In a healthier organizational culture, people are thought professional to the extent they are knowledgeable and competent.”

Excerpt From: Tom DeMarco & Timothy Lister: “Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams, Third Edition”

--

Mike Stok <mike at stok.ca>
http://www.stok.ca/~mike/

The "`Stok' disclaimers" apply.