Deploying perl code

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Fri Jul 25 10:54:04 BST 2014

On Fri, 2014-07-25 at 10:11 +0200, James Laver wrote:
> Ansible I do like for the most part

I'm a fan of Ansible, and am in the process of using it to deploy code
(although more by accident than design).

The main problem is that it seems to be a victim of its own success:
there is a huge backlog of merge requests. I'd like to provide some
simple patches to a couple of modules to make them work better for me,
but have little hope that they'd be merged this side of Christmas. I
provided a really simple patch a while ago - it's not been touched and
now no longer merges cleanly.