Deploying perl code

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 11:08:19 BST 2014

On 25 Jul 2014, at 11:54, Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:

> The main problem is that it seems to be a victim of its own success:
> there is a huge backlog of merge requests. I'd like to provide some
> simple patches to a couple of modules to make them work better for me,
> but have little hope that they'd be merged this side of Christmas. I
> provided a really simple patch a while ago - it's not been touched and
> now no longer merges cleanly.

I won’t even try and submit a patch after my experience reporting a documentation bug. I was at the time regularly tweeting with their CTO, so I let him know on twitter. He then pointed me at the bug tracker, where I proceeded to file my bug. Immediately, ‘ansibot’ informed me that my bug would be closed in a few days if I didn’t reformat my bug to correspond with their designated format for bugs, which included such things as “steps to reproduce” (because you know, we all have difficulty reproducing documentation bugs). I think the only way I actually got that doc bug fixed was by complaining loudly and repetitively on twitter about how ridiculous their processes are, but they showed absolutely no willing to make it easier to contribute towards their projects, so I’m showing absolutely no willing to help them grow their company.

/j